The new year is always time for new starts and new challenges, and while I stay active all year round, it's fun to find new things to do to push myself and to help encourage others who are just starting and/or pushing themselves further. For January, I wanted to do something more than just running and yoga, which have always been and always will be my staples. So, I decided to join in the BODYROCK.tv 30 day challenge.
As a warning, some of the images and videos on the site are a bit risque, but the workouts will kick your ass in every way possible. Most of them require no equipment, or things you can get cheaply, do without, or find somewhere in your house. The one thing I have bought, because I also do some HIIT, is a Gymboss Interval Timer found here. These are amazing little things that are really good for HIIT and interval workouts in general cause you don't have to keep looking at your watch for time.
Day 1 of the BodyRock 30 Day Challenge started Jan 2, but as always, I'm a bit behind. Day 1 is a fit test to see your baseline level of fitness. At the end of the 30 days, you preform the same workout to see how you've improved. Below are the moves and how many I did in 50 seconds:
- Squat jump -- 33
- Push up (yes, I did girly) -- 29
- Burpees -- 10
- High knees -- 85
- Switch lunges -- 18
- Tuck jump -- 15
- Straight Abs -- 29
Is anyone else doing a January fitness challenge? What are you fitness resolutions in the new year?
Happy sweating!
No comments:
Post a Comment